Welcome! Grab your coffee, kick back and read on!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Ebony Ball Continued..


** Hello fans!!! I'm sorry I haven't been posting, Prom Season is kicking my butt, so I have a lot coming your way! ;) 





Jessica has a very curvy figure so she wanted to make sure she found a dress that really accentuated her curves, so we paired her with this very simple, yet elegant Strapless Mermaid Style gown. Since the color theme of Ebony ball was Black/White/Ivory, she went with Ivory.

She just needed a few tweaks on the dress and wanted to add a little something to it.




THE SOLUTION:
  • Take in at the sides
  •  Raise ruffles (instead of hemming from the bottom.
    I wanted to make sure we don't lose the natural flow of the ruffles. This created more of a trumpet look.

  • Add bustle
  •  Add a custom asymmetrical strap using shawl

**Jessica's mom being my helper, taking pictures for me :)

The completed look. Jessica was super excited about how the dress turned out. It was also such a pleasure working with her and her mom. They are so wonderful! I hope to see you girls back soon!


Can't wait to see her professional pictures with her hair and makeup done. <3.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I totally know what you mean, I've been so bad about posting lol. Love the dress as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love the step by step shots to show how you put the masterpiece together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thank you so much Kathy. Your cakes are always so perfect and beautiful.

    Thank you for checking out my work, anonymous. hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete