Welcome! Grab your coffee, kick back and read on!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My Sister's Big Fat Asian Wedding Part 1- Blushing Bride

Hello everyone!
I know I have been missing in action. As I was thinking about a topic to write for my next blog, I remembered during all of the planning and preparations how excited I was to feature my very own sister, Recca May and her husband, Yoon's lovely November wedding. I remember thinking that night how the hours flew by so quickly and it seemed like the planning took so many years, literally! I just wanted the hours to slow down a bit, so we could savor every moment.

 Recca wore two gowns and there were some work to be done for both dresses. 



BEFORE


At the back of her dress were some pick-ups that went down to her long train and came along the front. It also had a bubble hem and some pleats cascading asymmetrically. She felt frumpy from her waist down, so I took in from her hips. By doing this, showed more of her shape line.I also removed the pick-ups and the bubble hem at the front of her dress.

BEFORE

 AFTER The bride with our parents









AFTER Happy bride

For Recca's reception dress, she changed into a beautiful trumpet and detailed sweetheart bodice dress by Jovani. The alterations required were to take in at the center back bodice and at the sides of the skirt. The back had a little sweep train, so I used several buttons to bustle it up through the night. 


BACK VIEW of her bustle. The bodice looked so much more fitting after the alterations.







At last they're married! 

There was plenty of work, lots of eating, laughing, dancing, crying, hugging, talking, and screaming through the whole process, but what a lovely wedding it was. I gained, yet another brother. And soon enough, I will have a couple more in-laws coming in. Our family is expanding and it is aaahhhmazing!!!!!

Be sure to check back to the second part of this blog: Entourage and Guests. Thanks for stopping by.

<3,
joyVi. 






No comments:

Post a Comment